History Teachers Association of SA www.htasa.org.au
The History Teachers’ Association of South Australia (HTASA) provide resources for History Teachers and Students alike. There is a newsletter, annual conference, resources and kits available for loan as well as study guides for senior secondary students.
War Memorial Boxes
If you can’t make it to the Australian War Memorial or you want to get more out of your visit, borrow a Memorial Box.
Each box contains artefacts that students can handle, as well as photographs, case studies, uniforms, a video, oral histories, teacher’s notes, and more. Memorial Boxes can be adapted for use across many areas of study and are accessible to a wide range of students, from lower primary to senior secondary.
There are six titles in the series:
- Box 01 – Australiain the First World War
- Box 02 – Vietnam: the Australian experience
- Box 03 – Too dark for the Light Horse: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the defence forces
- Box 04 – Australia under attack!
- Box 05 – We want to do more: the experience of women and children during the Second World War
- Box 06 – Our war in the Pacific, 1942