Australian Association for Environmental Education
"Environmental education seeks to develop an understanding of the interrelationship between the elements of the total environment, positive attitudes towards it and the skills which will enable people to actively engage in its wellbeing.
As the peak professional association for environmental educators inAustralia it:
- represents the interests of EE, e.g. on state and federal government advisory bodies in planning and policy development
- lobbies government and other agencies for the needs of EE and its educators
- seeks to promote EE by:
- Professional development via conferences, workshops and seminars
- Discounting registration at the bi-annual national EE conference
- Keeping members up-to-date with the latest news, research, policy, and resources via the quarterly newsletter, ozEEnews and the Australian Journal of Environmental Education (full hard copy for members)
- Members Participating in Special Interest Groups*
- Providing vital EE networks across the country
- Promoting access to resources in members section of our National website."